I am taking a break from responding to requests to announce that my husband, Travis Andrew Engebretsen, is 22 years old today, this twentieth of May, two-thousand and ten! This morning, we have gone to get Travis's "Birthday Breakfast". Normally, Travis tries to be good and not eat too much junk, but I told him that he can be bad today because it is his birthday, dang it! Therefore, we went to Dunkin' Donuts where I got a large coffee with cream and sugar and Travis got two double chocolate doughnuts and a small strawberry coolatta with whipped cream! So. much. sugar! What a way to start off his 22nd birthday- with a diabetic coma!
I love Travis so much! I want to share some memories with you that we have shared over the years:
- April 30, 2005: We started dating after he asked my parents and they agreed.
- June 15, 2005: I received my first kiss from Travis... in front of our families at my 16th birthday dinner!
- September 10, 2005: Travis and I officially began courting; he gave me pearl earrings to commemorate the event. They have been my favorite earrings ever since.
- November 26, 2005: Travis said, "I love you" for the first time. I said it back. :)
- Summer, 2007: Travis and I began summer classes at the Florida State University!
- January 24, 2009: Travis asked me to marry him... hmmm... I can't remember if I said yes...
- August, 2009: Travis graduated with a B.S. in Finance and Entrepreneurship.
- December 19, 2009: Travis and I were married. This was the happiest day of our lives! :) I must say, he rocked that tux! Schmeeeexy! :D
- December 20-27: Travis and I boarded a Royal Caribbean cruise ship for our honeymoon!
- December 25, 2009: Travis and I spent our very first Christmas together on the cruise! It was an awesome Christmas!
- May 1, 2010: Travis and I graduated in the same ceremony! Travis: Masters of Science in Finance; Me: Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education.
- May 20, 2010: Travis's first married birthday- 22! What an OLD man!!! ;)
Throughout 22 years, Travis has impacted many people- through his love for Christ, his business knowledge, his many theatrical talents, and his general kindness. His joyful spirit, sense of humor, beautiful voice, and contagious smile make practically anyone he meets fall in love with him. I was simply the lucky one... the one whom he fell in love with back. I have listed just a few of the great memories I have shared (and am sharing) with Travis.
Please leave a comment explaining your favorite memory about or with Travis that you have experienced at some point during his 22 years thus far.