Monday, November 15, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

Well, clearly I haven't posted in far, far too long. Fall is here (okay, so it is almost winter now but whatevs)! For someone who had lived in Florida for the past 12 years, New York was an obvious change! Travis had lived in Florida for the past... 22 years! That is right: born and bred in Florida! Me? I am a California girl through and through. The good thing for me is that I have lived in California, Illinois, and Tallahassee, Florida (basically... Georgia)- all areas that experience some sort of seasonal weather change. True, I lived in South Florida for years... okay... before I confuse you- the reader- as well as myself, let me put this information in... you guessed it... LIST FORM! Yayyyyyy!!!

The states of my life:

1. Born in Southern California:
-Hot and dry during the summer
-Gets chillier around the fall and winter especially due to the low humidity
-Definitely gets cooler than Florida
-Probably gets hotter at times, too!!
-No snow =[
-Can't remember living here.

2. Moved to Illinois:
-COLD!!!
-SNOW!!!
-Remember little about living here.

3. Moved to Northern California:
-Breezy, wonderful bay
-Dry and cool
-Snowy tips on the mountains, but not usually snow on the ground (at least where I was)
-Pretty much perfect weather. 'nough said.
-Had very fond memories of living here- loved the weather.

4. Moved to South Florida:
-Hot and wet during the summer (in general, gross...)
-When it hits 70 degrees, people wear snowsuits.
-People bring jackets to the supermarket.
-It is like all Floridians unanimously won the lottery when it gets slightly cool in the winter.
-Remember living here- went swimming our first Christmas Eve here.

5. Went to college in North Florida:
-Hotter, wetter, and grosser than South Florida in the summer
-Winters days hit 80-something degrees, while winter nights plummet to 20-something degrees... snow?! No.
-Stagnant, still air when you are profusely sweating your way to class during September... hurricane-like wind blows you back to your dorm while you are shivering your way to class during February. lovely, right?
-Loathe. the. weather. here.

Wah-lah! Now you are way over-informed about my crazy moves back and forth in the United States. My point is, I have had the chance to live multiple places, but based on when I lived in those places, I haven't really experienced as an adult living in a place that has cold, cold falls and winters with snow. That streak ends this year! =] Weeeeeeeee!!!!!

Travis, too, lived in North Florida for three years; however, as I said, snow?! NO! Therefore, this will be the first time that he has EVER lived in a place that has snowy winters and relatively cold falls- how exciting!!

In fact, we have already experienced the leaves fall, and I experienced the first snow! While Travis was in the city at work, I was in Putnam County (one county north of Westchester) at Hudson Valley Christian Academy... and down came the snow. Not only did snow fall, it also STAYED on the ground (that means it's legit). It was wonderful! Now... I'm pretty sure I was the only adult who was enjoying the weather. The rest were like, "Oh man, I wasn't ready for this... ughhhhh!" The people who were excited= the kids... and me. I'm okay with this. I accept it.

Okay, enough yippin' and yappin' (I'm making myself sound like a dog!); time for photos!

(Photos of the beautifully fallen leaves, the Golden's Bridge train station where Travis gets on the train to head into Manhattan and, of course, back home to see me, and some pictures of Travis and me- of course one is silly and crazy!)


-Hope you enjoyed getting a little bit caught up with Travis and my life in New York! More to come soon!-

5 comments:

  1. Those leaves are crazy-beautiful! It dosen't snow here in SC either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tricia Isn't God's creation beautiful?! =] I'm SO excited to have snow this year! You just have to find a mountain there in SC; there might be snow up in the mountains! =D Actually, you should rent my parents' NC mountain cabin for this Christmas; it is BEAUTIFUL up there in the winter!

    @Eric Thank you, good sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... tip... buy two snow shovels NOW!!! I am sooo not kidding. Ivan and I had to WALK to Home Depot in the snow (Luckily we were only 2 miles away).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, thanks for the tip! We will need to do that sometime this weekend! LOL, that is SO one of those stories that you can tell to your kids, grandkids, and great grandkids forever and ever. Haha! *Insert crusty voice* "...and we had to walk TWO MILES uphill in the snow that day... BOTH WAYS!!!"

    ReplyDelete