Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bride

I am the beautiful bride of Christ! He sees me in a pure, white gown walking slowly down the aisle toward him even when I have my hair up in a messy bun and am wearing sweats and a t-shirt. When I have no makeup on, He looks on my face with more adoration than I could ever comprehend. He is my most wonderful groom- handsome beyond measure, selfless, and full of adoration for me!

Before marrying Travis, I made myself ready to go down the aisle by spending significant time with him. I got to know him- like really know him: his thoughts, his secrets, his dreams, his loves, his pains. We spent years together in close communication, growing our knowledge of each other: each day discovering another reason why we had chosen to love each other. I made myself ready for my groom by getting to know him. On our wedding day, I made myself ready for him by primping, putting on my wedding gown, thinking about him, and thinking about us.

I want to be ready for my Heavenly Groom. I want to not just know him like I would know an acquaintance. I want to know Him. I want to know His thoughts, His dreams for me, His love for me, the pain it causes Him when I sin. I want to be ready for Him- my beautiful, wonderful Groom. I want to primp and be beautiful for Him. I want to put on a gown of righteousness so that when I walk down that aisle, He will look at me the way I know He will. I want Him to gasp and whisper in my ear, "You are so beautiful, and I love you so very much."

What about you? You, too, are the beautiful bride of Christ. Make yourself ready for your Groom today!

No comments:

Post a Comment