Monday, December 9, 2013

Come Out, Come Out Wherever You Are!!! ...well...we actually know WHERE you are, so...

It is so interesting.  Two years ago, Christmas was just a stepping stone... I wasn't impatiently awaiting until Christmas Day- I was impatiently awaiting THROUGH Christmas Day, waiting for Baby T.J. to make his arrival.  Things have changed so much since childhood.  When I was a child, Christmas took FOREVER to arrive.  It felt like we had to wait 3 years to get to Christmas.  As I got older and school became more difficult/time consuming, Christmas began coming earlier and earlier.  Finally it came once a year instead of once every 3 years!  Now as an adult with a child, Christmas pretty much comes every 6 months for me.  I feel like it JUST happened, and now, here it is again.  The worst part?  I know that shortly thereafter, my baby boy grows yet another year older.  =[

Well, this Christmas is going to be the most interesting thus far.  Christmas still gets to be something we look forward to, but it is still going to be masked by the fact that Baby Noelle (my sister's baby) is due before Christmas!  So yes, we are looking forward to Christmas sort of... but really we are only looking forward to it because by then Noelle should be here for sure!!!  Due date babies run in our family, but apparently not for Linds.  According to all of Lindsey's charting, Noelle should have been born on the 6th.  According to the OB's sonogram, Noelle should have been born on the 8th.  Obviously, she has missed both of her due dates- teaching her mommy patience from the very start!  Poor Linds.  I never had to go through being past my due date.  I "felt" late when I was a day over being full term for goodness's sake!!!  I was so ready.  Lindsey didn't really seem to start getting anxious about it till a few days prior to her due date.  She was more patient than I was.  That is when I heard her let Noelle know that we were all waiting.  ;]  The pressure is on, too, since I am heading out on Wednesday, the 11th.

Now we wait.  And walk.  And wait.  And walk.  And pray.

As much as I would love to be here for Noelle's arrival, I will be back for Christmas, so it isn't the end of the world if she doesn't arrive while I am here.  T.J., on the other hand, had only a few days to make it for Lindsey to see him.  She was in town for a couple of days after her cruise and had to get back to work in Texas.  T.J. fulfilled his duty to make sure he got to meet her!  =]  Noelle is chilling because she knows I am coming back for Christmas.  She doesn't need to come out right away, so she is staying warm and cozy (especially considering the Houston area has been in the 30s and 40s recently- brrrrr!).

Since we are on the subject of T.J. and his birth, I thought it might be fun to revisit his birth story.  Buckle up, it is long!  It will help pass the time while you are awaiting Lindsey's little bundle of joy.  =]  Please enjoy and leave feedback:

Sweet Newborn T.J.



No comments:

Post a Comment