1. I gave birth to our beautiful baby boy, T.J. He is the cutest baby in the whole wide world if you were wondering... and no, I am not biased at ALL!!!! ;] Heehee!!
2. T.J. is now crawling QUICKLY, babbling up a STORM, getting into trouble, learning to respond to "no", pulling up on occasion, and saying "T.J" when we encourage him.
3. He has graduated to the big bath. =[ His little blow-up ducky bath just isn't cuttin' it anymore.
4. He is eating Cheerio-like organic puffs and organic cheese/veggie puffs.
5. He is drinking water from a sippy cup.
6. Travis has been in production (no longer in training) at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney for almost a year (employed there for almost a year and a half).
7. Fall decor is up! (Has been since probably before September but SHHH!)
8. We've already made our Tennessee Christmas plans where T.J. will hopefully get to play in some snow!
9. I am listening to Christmas music. Your judgement will not help my addiction... I have been listening since August 1st (be happy I held off that long... yes... I know...).
10. I have been learning the guitar- I think I am actually doing pretty well if I do say so myself! =]
11. I have been making a solid effort to read more books and watch less TV. It is going well! Since the beginning of this year I have finished a total of 8 books and am currently working on two (one fiction, one nonfiction). I want T.J. to grow up in a home where he sees Mom and Dad on the couch reading together, not watching TV. This is part of the reason we try to read multiple times to him a day.
12. Travis and I have started making monthly goals: 4 for me, 4 for him, and 4 for us. This has really helped me to keep on track!
13. In more recent news, T.J. has plagiocephaly due to torticollis. =[ It is simply a cosmetic issue, but we are going to get him started with a helmet because he is a boy and it will be more noticeable on him. Stay tuned for cute pictures in the next month of my adorable baby bear sportin' his awesome helmet like a football star! =]
14. I have been trying to get in some quiet time/Bible Study recently. I need to get closer to the Lord, and without getting into His Word, there won't be much growth. I am returning to my Beth Moore study, Breaking Free. I didn't complete a lot of it before, so I am trying to go through it again with some more success this time.
15. I now weigh over 15 lbs less than I did when I got pregnant with T.J.! I fit into some of my size 4 stuff, and I am feeling awesome! Nothing more encouraging and empowering than when you can say "NO!" to a chocolate cupcake, etc.! I figured now was the perfect time to lose the weight since I am still breastfeeding. An extra 500 calories lost each day without having to do anything? Don't mind if I do! =]
I think fifteen is good, don't you? Oh wait, dang! I forgot one thing... ugh, there goes my nice little 15 point list. Grrr...
16. I made a full card set for someone! For those of you who don't know, I have launched my Facebook page for my little homemade card company, Cards for Cool Cats! Wellllll, my husband's Aunt D is going to be undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer beginning October 11th (prayers are appreciated). My mother-in-law asked me to make a set of 12 thank you cards for D to send out to people who send her things and show her kindness during this tough time. It took me two days, but I finished 12 unique cards (none are the same) and a pretty little box to store them. Please check out the Facebook page to see the full set: https://www.facebook.com/CardsForCoolCats.
All right, that should tie things up nicely. =] Hope you enjoyed my little update. Just to keep myself accountable and you interested (PSH! As if I NEED to try to keep you interested... I mean, I KNOW you have just been sitting there anxious for the past month WAITING for me to post again, right? ...hello...?), I will give you a little heads up as to what the next post will be about... stinkin' preposition.
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a POST!!!
Up next is "A Few of My Favorite Things": I will post a few pictures and descriptions of a few of my current favorite things ("current"... I am so fickle sometimes...), and then you can share some of your favorite things in the comment section. We shall then battle to the DEATH over whose favorite things are better!!!!! Muhuhahahahah!!!! ...sorry... did I mention that 3 of the books I read were the Hunger Games trilogy? kthanksbye! =]
---Pretty please with sugar on top show me some love by giving me some feedback in the comment section and also by utilizing the "like" and"dislike" buttons (P.S. "Like" is the correct choice, btw... just... fyi... in case, you know, you were wondering...). I would love to hear an update about your life- tell me what's been going on with you and your fam! Toodles!---