feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative.
I have just been thinking about how thankful I am for the little things people have done for me recently. Sometimes the most simple gestures can mean so much to me. I am sure you can relate. It is like getting a homemade gift from your child- I haven't experienced this yet obviously (I know the kid needs to step it up, but sheesh, give him a break, he is only 6 months old!), but I have a feeling it will be something I treasure more than any store bought gift. (Someday my teenager is going to read this and make me some really crummy gift that shows NO effort, and I am going to regret this post- hahahaha! Just kidding... kind of...) As I reflect on certain people and gestures they have made, it makes me so grateful to have such sacrificial, selfless people in my life. So here is my list of the "little things" (and some not-so-little things) in my life that I am thankful for right now. P.S. If you have done something totally awesome for me recently and I forgot to put it on the list, feel free to berate me publicly on the comments section. I will surely fix my post free of charge- lucky you! ;] Heehee!
I am thankful:
1. When I can call up our family friend, Janna, during a crisis (like yesterday when my air conditioning broke and T.J. and I were sweltering in our 82 degree apartment), and her first response is, "I will leave in ten minutes."
2. When that same person offers to let my family of three stay at her home that evening if our air isn't fixed by then.
3. When my baby boy, T.J., wraps his arm around my waist when nursing and scratches my back.
4. When my son sleeps for over 8 hours at night and takes naps during the day.
5. When my dear friend, Alyssa, continues to make an effort to chit chat despite life tugging at us in all different directions. Sometimes we are both so busy, but she is always there making an effort to talk. I so appreciate her for this, especially since I have a baby and can sometimes be so scatterbrained when I am busy that I forget to keep in touch.
6. When my mother-in-law, Becky, babysits T.J. for hours so I can spend some time with my sister-in-law, Kristin, at the beach, etc. It gives this stay-at-home mom a nice break to re-energize!
7. When my mom and dad, Frank and Marilou, come down to visit and spoil my family rotten! My mom treated me to eye cream and face cream from CLINIQUE when she was down here! Cah-razy! She also bought most of the groceries, treated us to meals out, treated us to Starbucks, etc., etc., etc.!!!
8. When my mom comes to visit us and happily sleeps on an air mattress in our living room without complaint because we don't have a guest room.
9. When my mother-in-law and father-in-law treat my family to dinner on Tuesdays.
10. When my mother-in-law spends all day with T.J. and me on Tuesdays to get us out of our apartment and spend time with us since we don't have a second car.
11. When my mom and dad FaceTime with T.J. and me every day and can't wait to see him!
12. When my mom and dad motivate us to hang pictures at our apartment and get things done that we would otherwise be too lazy to accomplish. They help us so much with stuff around the apartment!
13. When I come home from having a crazy day with the air conditioning dying, etc., and I find red roses in a vase for me from my darling husband, Travis.
14. When my friend, Rainee, invites T.J. and me to go to library time with her and her son, knowing that she has to pick us up since we don't have an extra car.
15. When my sister says, "I wish you lived closer."
:: What are you thankful for today? Let me know what "little thing" or "not-so-little thing" you are grateful for right now in the comment section below... I will be so thankful if you do! ;] Okay... now I am questioning that word's existence since I have typed it so much now... "thankful" is still a word, right? ... I'm confused. ::